HTI Circuit Fabrication History
- Vertically integrated world leader in suspension assemblies for hard disk drives (HDD) for over 20 years
- Technology: Proven, high volume / yield, 1 mil line /space subtractive etching capability (12 µm Cu)
- High Capacity / Low Cost: Subtractive circuit etching capacity > 100K panels / month (HDD suspensions moving to new sub 1 mil line / space semi additive process)
- Global Supplier: HTI cost effectively supplies > 10 million suspensions /week to customers in Asia from the US
HTI has produced over 6 billion sub 2 mil line / space circuits for the hard disk drive industry!
- Photochemical Machining, Plasma Etching, Plating, Photoimageable Soldermask
- Laser Direct Imaging
- Glass photo-tool fabrication
- Standard panel dimensions: 12"x27", 12"x18", 18" x 24", 20" x 24"
- Std materials / thickness:
- Cu: 9-35 µm (1 oz)
- PI: 25 µm (1 mil) - 125 µm (5 mil)
- Registration: +/-12 µm (0.48 mil)
- Feature Inspection: 100% automated vision inspection
- Line Space: 25 µm (~1 mil) on 12 µm Cu (See table below for other thicknesses)